The Ring Gag is a bondage device used by many BDSM or Bondage, Domination, Sado-Masochism couples. Sounds pretty scary if you’re not familiar with it, but it is an actually trend in relationships nowadays.
What better way to show each other your love than with a higher level of trust? Dominants and submissives engage in role play games that are both exciting and more satisfying sexually. Plus these activities are exercises of a sort in developing trust between the couple.
In the role plays, D/s couples use different kinds of sex toys that further demonstrate the sexual power struggle. One of these toys is the ring gag.
What is a Ring Gag?
This is a gag used in sexual play, worn by the ‘slave’ or the submissive partner as a form of punishment and/or humiliation. The gag has a ring that will be placed in the mouth to keep it open. This causes intense arousal for both the wearer and the spectator as fetishes goes.
We, Steve and Molly, are in a D/s relation where Steve is the Master and Molly is the slave.
How do you use the gag?
First, BDSM roleplay are exciting because it elicits fear in a certain level and the sub will have to trust the dominant completely, even though the activities are kind of daunting. If the gag covers the nose as well as the mouth, the wearer will suffocate. So extra care should be used especially since mouth gags are not used alone, they are often used with other bondage devices.
- So don’t use the ring gag when the submissive is suffering from colds or any sinus-related disease.
- Don’t use the gag when the submissive is suffering from stomach problems because if they vomit, their airway might be blocked.
- Don’t leave the wearer or the bound captive alone.
- Gags cause the wearer to lose the ability to speak coherently and screams are muffled, so you should never leave the sub alone.
Do use a safe word or gesture to make sure the submissive can inform the dominant when the activity is too much to handle. You can use vocal noises, stomping of the feet or snapping fingers to make alternative safewords.
How do you choose the perfect ring gag?
Both the Dom and the sub should make the decision about which king of open mouth gag is to be purchased and used. What are you going to use it for? Some couples look for gags that silence the wearer, some look for gags that cause drooling and some look for gags that keep the mouth open so objects and body parts can be inserted through the ring.
The Ring Gag is much safer to use than the ball gag because the ring is not likely to choke the wearer. The hollow ring allows access to the mouth that is best if you intend to engage in oral sex or insert objects in the gag wearer’s mouth. With the o-ring gag and the spider gag (variations of the ring gag), the wearer will drool uncontrollably especially if they try to talk.
Take note of the measurements. You need the wearer to comfortable to be able to use the gag for longer periods of typically, ring gags come in this different size:
- Small – Inside Diameter: around 1- 1.2 inches, Outside Diameter: around 1.5 to 1.75 inches
- Medium – Inside Diameter:1.5 to 1.65 inches, Outside Diameter: 2 to 2.25 inches
- Large – Inside Diameter:1.75 to 1.85 inches, Outside Diameter: 2.25 to 2.45 inches
- Extra Large – Inside Diameter at approximately 2.05 inches, Outside Diameter: 2.65 to 2.75 inches
Different kinds of Ring Gags
1. The Spider Gag – a ring gag with hooks on both sides of the mouth. This prevents the wearer from flipping the ring horizontally in their mouth. The spider gag is not decorative, but functional. It also often comes with interchangeable rings of different sizes.
The ring is made of steel and the head strap is usually made of leather. The bondage gag does not look at all pretty, but its visual effect brings an atmosphere of a hot and exciting bondage scene.
2. Metal O-Ring Gag – another gag that uses a ring to keep the wearer’s mouth open. The ring is usually a steel circle that comes in different sizes or diameter. The metal O-ring causes the wearer to drool and is also called the open ring gag. This gag does not cause any kind of discomfort for the wearer.
3. Leather Ring gag – a nickel-plated steel ring wrapped in leather and secured in place with adjustable straps. This one is much more comfortable for the wearer. This mouth gags prevents the wearer from speaking but does not silence them completely. The submissive can make sounds like moans and groans.
4. Silicone Ring Gag – the silicone ring gag is a gag with the ring coated in smooth and comfortable medical grade silicone. This gag is rigid but gentle on the teeth. It will not chip the teeth when things get a little bit too rough.
The silicone coated ring and straps make for a comfortable gag but does not forget the reason why it is used in the first place. This gag stretches the mouth open and allows the master or dom to insert objects and body parts through the ring.
Should You Get One or More for You And Your Partner?
Yes, you should. If you and your lover are a D/s couple or interested in exploring the possibility, then you should start looking for one that will fit your needs and your taste. Take a little time off to do some research together to decide on what you would want to help amp up your bedroom games.